Thursday, 31 December 2009

And now, the end is near...

...here is my own personal review of the year! Bye bye 2009, you've been good to me but I look forward to seeing what 2010 holds for me.

It's been a good year. My own personal highlights have included my daughter starting pre-school and my son starting at nursery - I love to see how they develop, and of course marrying Mr M. We enjoyed playing in the snow earlier this year, easily the best we've had in a long time. We tried to make the most of the weather this year seeing as summers just aren't what they used to be and took spontaneous trips out to the seaside, BBQed at every opportunity, picked fruit from our garden and generally tried to appreciate ht little bit of sunshine that came our way. We had the best day ever when we got married, the weather was kind to us and it was just an amazing experience. Our honeymoon that followed in Suffolk was equally good - full of blue skies and pigsties, yummy food and beautiful places. I carved my first ever pumpkin and shall be on to bigger and better things next year. Christmas has been good, if a little tainted with illness but we've tried to make the most of it and the children have been spoiled rotten.

Things I have loved this year...Cheryl Cole, Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas. New Moon and The Time Travelers Wife at the cinema. The Twilight Saga books - so so sad I've finished them. Visiting London - I can't count how many times I have been this year, but I love it every time I go (and we'll ignore the fact that I always come back ill). The MP's expenses debacle - okay, not so great for the taxpayer, but great entertainment. Twitter. Winning tickets to see Michael Buble in a small intimate gig courtesy of Barclaycard.

Things I've not loved so much...the Susan Boyle hype, swine flu, constantly ill children. The lack of summer we seem to have - I was hoping for better this year. Redundancies at work. Darling Camille's diagnosis. The price of everything - groceries, household items, fuel, holidays...it's all rocketed. Thanks Mr Brown for that VAT decrease, it's done a world of good - yep it just means that as from tonight everyone gets to stick another 2.5% on the price of goods and services.

We seem to have lost a staggering amount of people this year, amongst them Patrick Swayze, Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Brittany Murphy, Mollie Sugden, Henry Surtees, Natasha Richardson, Stephen Gately, Keith Floyd, Adam Goldstein, John Hughes, Jade Goody, Bobby Robson, David Carradine, Wendy Richard, and not forgetting our last three WWI veterans, God rest their souls.

2009 was the year we saw the split of Peter & Jordan (gasp!), Swine Flu caused mild panic, Terry Wogan brought everyone to tears when he finished his Radio 2 breakfast show (and I was glad to be able to listen to Radio 2 again in the mornings), MPs got shamed with their expenses and the The X-Factor got denied Christmas No1.

I wonder what 2010 will hold...any guesses? Perhaps a Tory government? Peter & Jordan back together? (you can just see it can't you). Perhaps 2010 will the year I finally win the lottery (and finally start playing the lottery to help achieve that goal...).

Above everything I hope and wish for 2010 I pray for good news and good health for a precious little girl, Camille Shave.


So out with the old, and in with the new. Whatever you are doing tonight, have a great time and I hope that 2010 holds great things for all of you!

love & kisses
Mrs M x

26 comments:

  1. Great article. I will be experiencing a few of these issues as well.
    .

    Here is my website :: voucher Codes Pizza Express

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this,
    like you wrote the book in it or something. I
    think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit,
    but instead of that, this is excellent blog. A great read.
    I will definitely be back.

    my web-site - Discount codes dominos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! This was a really wonderful article.
    Many thanks for providing this info.

    Also visit my homepage: Market Research Companies In London

    ReplyDelete
  4. We stumbled over here from a different web page and thought I
    should check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.

    Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.


    my web blog: Senior Accountant salary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice,
    keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future. Cheers

    Also visit my web site: best Value android tablet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am genuinely glad to glance at this website posts which consists of
    tons of useful information, thanks for providing such information.


    My page :: www.Autistichealth.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hardly leave a response, however I glanced through some responses on this page
    "And now, the end is near...". I actually do have a couple
    of questions for you if it's allright. Could it be only me or does it look like some of these comments come across as if they are left by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing at other places, I'd
    like to keep up with you. Could you list of every one of your social sites like your Facebook page,
    twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

    Here is my web page :: fashion jewellery Online

    ReplyDelete
  8. I all the time used to read paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of internet
    so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.

    Have a look at my website :: Cms.Egsd.org:80

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am actually thankful to the owner of this website
    who has shared this great piece of writing at at
    this place.

    Feel free to visit my blog post: Free Stuff In Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on this blog loading?

    I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

    my page; free stuff for pets

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been browsing online greater than three hours lately, yet I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It's beautiful worth enough for me.
    Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content material as you did,
    the net will probably be a lot more useful than ever before.



    Also visit my webpage :: domino s pizza Prices

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello to all, the contents existing at this website are actually awesome for people experience, well, keep up the nice work fellows.


    my web-site - social.cweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog
    article or vice-versa? My site goes over a lot of the same topics as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each
    other. If you are interested feel free to send me an e-mail.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Wonderful blog by the way!


    Review my blog post; Fashion jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  14. My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he's tryiong none the less. I've
    been using WordPress on various websites for about
    a year and am concerned about switching to another platform.
    I have heard good things about blogengine.
    net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts
    into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!



    My page ... Ecopunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found
    any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me.
    In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you
    did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever
    before.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage - http://www.Assistedlivingconsumers.org

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Neat post. There's a problem along with your web site in internet explorer, might check this? IE still is the marketplace leader and a big element of other people will leave out your great writing because of this problem.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post Dominos Codes 50

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this weblog on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date gossip.

    My web site ... market research companies in Uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but
    I find this topic to be really something which I think I
    would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me.
    I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!


    my web site :: money Saving voucher codes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually
    know what you are talking approximately! Bookmarked.
    Kindly also consult with my web site =). We will have a
    hyperlink change contract between us

    Check out my blog post: cheap fashion jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  20. Normally I do not learn article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled
    me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me.

    Thank you, very nice article.

    Here is my webpage :: http://canaldemusica.com/read_blog/67447/tips-to-Try-when-finding-and-using-coupons

    ReplyDelete
  21. certainly like your website however you have to test the spelling on quite a few of
    your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I
    find it very troublesome to tell the truth on the other hand I will surely come
    again again.

    Here is my page; Priory.Mrooms.Net

    ReplyDelete
  22. When someone writes an paragraph he/she retains the image of a user in his/her brain that how a
    user can be aware of it. Thus that's why this piece of writing is amazing. Thanks!

    Review my blog Sns.cam111.Com

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's going to be finish of mine day, but before end I am reading this impressive article to increase my knowledge.

    Also visit my blog post :: which android Tablet is the best

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i came to “return
    the favor”.I'm attempting to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

    My page; http://clickbank-tribune.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great delivery. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the good spirit.


    my page ... Dominos Discount Codes 50

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.



    My site; Dominos Vouchers uk

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!