Sunday, 9 May 2010

Off to Bedfordshire

I have another interior project to undertake - we've decided to skip past the hideous bathroom for now and move onto a smaller project, namely our bedroom.

Our bedroom is gross at the moment - peach walls, floral border, brown carpet, no wardrobes, old uncoordinated furniture...it's in desperate need of an overhaul. We've lived here for nearly 3 years now so it's about time I think.

Now whilst I have pretty much picked everything that has gone in the rest of the house, Mr M has had his rules - you know, no Cath Kidston florals, not too Laura Ashley but he's told me I can go for broke in the bedroom (he wishes...) and do whatever I like. That sort of freedom has of course confused me, I think I need to be restrained a little!

I have no idea where to start but I do have a blank canvas so that should make it slightly easier surely? I decided to peruse the fantastic House to Home website and found this pictures which I am currently being drawn too.



The walls will be Natural Calico like the rest of the house, we have sloping ceilings so no real scope for wallpaper, and the carpet will be beige to match the rest of the house. I love painted furniture but can't make my mind up whether to go white painted or just have plain pine. Arggh too many choices!

Any thoughts? Do share them, please!!

love & kisses
Mrs M x

2 comments:

  1. I love the 3 mirrors grouped together in the second photo. I have an old pine bed and now you've got me thinking about painting it white! Good luck with the decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to vicariously watch this one - our bedroom is HIDEOUS but there are various building works that need doing before we can decorate so I'm guessing we're another 3 years away from getting it done... meh

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!