Monday, 3 May 2010

Pennette Al Forno


You love pasta? You love cheese? You love ham? You'll love this! Four cheese pasta bake with ham. What's not to love.

I love a good pasta bake, a nice warm, filling plate of stodge. I found this, by accident I think, on the UKTV Food website - it's a Gino D'Acampo recipe. (I'm trying to ignore that I decided I didn't like Gino anymore after learning he was a petty criminal who once robbed Paul Young's house. I'm pretty sure that's true and I didn't make it up but just in case I shall add the word allegedly here. Allegedly.).

Anyhow, this was a good recipe, perfect for a family meal. It was enjoyed by all. It's definitely a keeper which is good because in my book you can never have too much cheese in your life.

Pennette Al Forno

Ingredients


500g pasta, pennette

25g butter

200g full fat cream cheese

70g gorgonzola cheese, chopped
70g cheddar cheese, grated

100ml milk, full-fat, at room temp

150g cooked ham, diced

3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley

50g grated parmesan


Method

Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC/gas 4. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add in the pennette pasta and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta and place back in the saucepan.

Add the butter, soft cheese, Gorgonzola and Cheddar cheese. Mix well and then add the milk and stir on a low heat until you get a creamy texture. Add the ham, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and stir in the parsley.

Place the pasta mixture into a large baking tray, sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the top is golden and crispy. Serve immediately.

Cooks note; it's worth getting thick cut ham. Flimsy ham won't cut it here.


love & kisses
Mrs M x

2 comments:

  1. Delicious! For me, I'd have to have it without the pasta!!

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure a big plate of cheese slop would be just as nice!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!