Sunday, 28 August 2011

I need your superior opinions and advice!

As you might well know I am currently having my new laundry/utility room built and fitted out. Yes, it's taking ages, it's pretty epic.  Anyhow. I'm currently pondering over blinds. 

I know I am going to have some roman blinds like I do in the kitchen, which are Cath Kidston red polka dot fabric.


What I can't decide on is the fabric. Originally in the kitchen I wanted a floral but Mr M hates florals and so I settled for the polka dots. The laundry room is mine, all mine and he's said "do whatever" in there and is so far not helping me choose at all! These are the ones I have narrowed it down to.




Clearly, given the choice he'd opt for the stone polka dot and I am swaying that way myself BUT I keep having this nagging thought that this is my only chance to exploit my love of florals. 

If you were choosing would you go for the duck egg or the creamy/white background on the floral pattern? Or would you go for the polka dot? This is all academic because there's a good choice you'd opt for none of them but humour me, please.

I'm obviously over thinking this massively but blinds are cheap when you get them made to measure and I don't want to make any expensive mistakes.

Help!

love & kisses
Mrs M x

15 comments:

  1. I have to say I actually like the polka dots. I think it's a nice match to the kitchen without being the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love florals too, I'd opt for the floral with the creamy background, will look lush!!

    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, just to confuse you I'd have the duck egg with floral. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have the duck egg floral. I love duck egg blue, especially with red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red polka dots but I would choose the duck egg out of the three x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to confuse you even further .... I would have the polka dot but with a deep border at the bottom of a floral :-D best of both worlds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. MIddle one for me. It will look fab

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hear, hear Kirsty: 'duck egg' with red is a great combination. It's a lovely contrast to the red spot. (Although... Lesley's idea is a great compromise - and striking too.)
    Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Middle one - duck egg floral. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the duck egg floral. I actually toyed with having that myself in our kitchen but Mr Mostly was getting a bit floralled out so I had to go with a gingham in the end ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the duck egg floral. I actually toyed with having that myself in our kitchen but Mr Mostly was getting a bit floralled out so I had to go with a gingham in the end ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The duck egg floral has some red in it which would match the kitchen without being the same. I'd go for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, middle one for me to - the duck egg floral!

    BNM

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!