Friday, 26 August 2011

Sephora love and nail polish lust

I love Sephora. I miss having a branch in the UK so much so I always make sure I pay a visit whenever I am in a country that has one. 

On my recent trip to Florida I popped into Sephora in the Florida Mall and I had a mini-splurge. I could have bought a lot more but I was worried about how much shopping there was to bring back to England as we were already laden down with the entire Mickey Mouse Clubhouse collection of characters in stuffed toy form.

I bought many bits and pieces like nail polish corrector pens, pop up hair brushes, eyebrow scissors, mirror etc but my real interest was the Sephora by OPI nail polish collection. I could have seriously bought lots but restricted myself to just three bottles. Of course, I am kicking myself now and wishing I'd bought a few other colours - will just have to check out Ebay later!

The first one I chose was What's Your Poison which is part of the Garden of Good & Evil Collection and is described as an opaque cranberry red with chunky glitter.


I love this colour and you can see it in action on Manicure Mommas blog.

The next one I selected was Shiny Dancer. I originally thought this was blue but on closer inspection it's not, and the description is opaque slate with fine iridescent glitter.  


You can see it swatched here at Polish or Perish. It's got a really lovely shimmer and I think I'll get lots of use out of this.

Finally I bought I Don't Bite which is an opaque soft purple with fine holographic glitter. I have a soft spot for purple nail polish and this one literally (okay, not literally) jumped off the shelf at me.  It's part of the Safari Luxe collection.


Again, if you want to see it in action check out Bandie Cat's blog. The images for this product online look way more purple - you'd think it was a deep purple but in real life it's not like that at all.

It's fair to say that when it comes to nail polish I definitely sway towards the shiny, glittery ones. I never actually noticed that myself until now! There are a few more on my list that I'd really like to get like Designer Fig Leaf, Who Let the Dorks Out (part of the Glee collection), Caught With My Khaki's Down and Frankly I Don't Give a Damn and now I'll just have to suck it up and pay Ebay prices and postage making it double what I paid in the US due to the lack of Sephora here!

Come back Sephora, we miss you!

love and kisses
Mrs M x

3 comments:

  1. Those colours look amazing. I would have probably come back with the whole range!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, it's not a plug-in - there's a setting in Blogger somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!