Monday, 24 October 2011

Meal Planning Monday (24th October 2011)

I don't know about you but I'm really surprised that it's Monday again! This week is not getting off to a good start - it's half-term, I have the makings of a cold and the start of a migraine. Nice combo, huh? I'm doing what any self-respecting mother would do - dragging the children to the supermarket this morning and letting them run wild in the sweetie aisle.

In terms of meal planning, there is a plan this week. It all went a bit crazy last week but I did make the most delicious honey sesame chicken which I will share with you on the blog this week.  

There's only one night I am not planning for this week and that's because we're going to a funeral tomorrow and will no doubt over-indulge on the buffet, plus we're going on a Christmas shopping trip to Smyths in the evening whilst the children are with my parents and we'll no doubt stop off and get nibbles on the way back.

Here's my plan!


Week commencing 24th October 2011

Garlic chilli chicken and rice
Jamie Oliver fajitas from Ministry of Food
Posh fishfinger sarnie
Spaghetti con gamberetti e rucola 

I'm also going to be looking for another Chinese inspired meal as I enjoyed cooking that honey chicken last week, and there will no doubt be some baking.

Linky below - tell me what you're having!

love & kisses
Mrs M x



1 comment:

  1. hope by now you are already okay... well, planning for what meal to prepare really gives me a headache but thank God i have my sister to help me out.. your meal plans are yummy!!! so love to taste it... take care for your trip tomorrow.. enjoyed your blog..following you now..hope you could visit my blog too..kissess!!!!



    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

    ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE'S THE LINK--> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!