Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Favourite Christmas recipes

Today I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite things to cook at Christmas. I make these every year without fail and as they are hidden deep in my archives, newer readers may not have seen these before.

Nigella's Cranberry & Soy Glazed Sausages


A recipe from Nigella Christmas, these are a Boxing Day must in our house. Really easy to put together and so very yum. Bit messy though!

Christmas Morning Muffins


I have tried to make these muffins a Christmas tradition and they small delicious. You can get most things ready the nigh before so they're easy to pop in the oven on Christmas morning and eat warm with lashings of butter and marmalade!

Gratin of Sprouts


I cannot believe how many sprout haters there are out there! This gratin though, it could perhaps change many peoples minds about sprouts. It's creamy, crunchy and delicious!

Ham in Coca Cola


The first time I made Nigella's Ham in Coca Cola I was a little underwhelmed, I think I was expecting something more. However after trying several other ways of boiling and glazing, I think this is my favourite and as it's a Christmas Eve tradition in our house now to cook a ham, this is the one I'll be doing this year.

Little Mince Pie Cakes


These Little Mince Pie Cakes from BBC Good Food are delicious and perfect for anyone who is perhaps not overly keen on a mince pie. They go down very well in our house I have to say!

Sausage Rolls


This is my favourite sausage roll recipe and it never disappoints. I love the parmesan on top and I think the sun-dried tomato really adds an extra bit of oomph!


I've got a fair amount of cooking planned in the next week so hopefully very soon I'll be able to tell you more about what I have been cooking this Christmas.  If you've got any fab Christmas recipes, let me know, and I'll come and check them out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!