Friday, 18 January 2013

Friday Foody Round Up #9

Welcome to another Friday Foody Round Up and the first one of 2013.  I haven't been sent masses of foods to try recently, or rather as December was so busy I had to turn a few things down but I'm getting back on track and here's what we've tried recently.


Bahlsen Choco Leibniz Biscuits




I didn't really need an introduction to these Bahlsen biscuits, they've been a firm favourite in our office at work for years. Their slogan "more chocolate than a biscuit" completely sums them up! Apparently scientists have discovered that the perfect percentage of chocolate in a biscuit is 60% and at 63% the Choco Leibniz is the ultimate in biscuit bliss. If you've not tried them, you shouldn't just take my word for it - go get some! They are a delicious elevenses treat. The range includes dark chocolate, milk chocolate, orange milk chocolate and double choc. I normally plump for the milk chocolate but I was sent a packet of the orange milk chocolate to try and I'm a convert - they were more chocolate-orangey that a chocolate-orangey thing!  The biscuits are available at Asda, Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsburys and most other good retailers with a usual price of around £1.70.  You can thank me later.

Tropical Sun Foods


Tropical Sun are suppliers of authentic Caribbean creations and I was already acquainted with the brand before they contacted me a couple of weeks ago as I quite often use their Hot Pepper Sauce so when they asked if I'd like to try a couple of their products, how could I refuse?  One of the products they sent me were the Crunchy Coconut Peanuts. Now, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about these, I love coconut and I love peanuts but together? Hmmm. When I tried them? WOW! I was blown away. These are crunchy, tasty little balls of heaven and so very addictive. The pot barely lasted 5 minutes, especially when I introduced Mr M to them too!  The peanuts come in large 330g tins and small 165g and you can buy them from Sainsburys and Amazon, as well as a few other online suppliers - check out their website for more info. In the meantime, you should watch the YouTube video below and then follow the link to try out their online vending machine - absolutely free and you could get your hands on a Tropical Sun treat for yourself.



That's all for this snowy Friday! Hope you're tucked up warm and home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!