Sunday, 17 February 2013

Gifts & homewares from Amara


When I was asked if I'd like to review a product from the gorgeous lifestyle shopping site Amara it wasn't a tough decision. What was a tough decision however was what to choose!  Amara was created in January 2005 to showcase luxury gift ideas from top class brands - most are in stock and many can be delivered the very next day. You can also send your gifts all over the world should you choose to do so!

On browsing the site I was seduced by bold and beautiful bed linen from Pip Studio, the luxurious  woollen blankets from Avoca, the gorgeous Rob Ryan vases and dainty Kate Spade teacups but what really caught my eye were the housewares from Anorak - a British brand known for their bold wildlife prints.

Anorak fits my wannabe-outdoorsy ideals and I have dreams of kitting out our campervan with their lovely prints which is what led me to making my choice of a coolbag and picnic blanket in a delightful seagull print.  Before I launch in, this is where I am going to apologise for the use of the stock images. I tried to do it justice at home, I really did but I just couldn't show it at it's best - as you can see from the little collage below.


See? Photography is not my strong point but don't worry, I'm sure over the next few months as we get into picnic season, they'll be plenty more sneak peeks....



This cool bag and picnic blanket will be perfect for one of our many trips away in Clementine this year. I like to match things and I know what you're probably thinking, Clementine is ORANGE. Well, as far as I am concerned this matches perfectly - look at the little seagulls beaks and feet - orange. The seagull theme also fits what is my perfect trip out in the van - a day setting up camp near the beach.


The bag is roomy and spacious, much bigger than I expected (dimensions are 40 x 34 x 14cm) and has retro styling. Most importantly it's waterproof - why is this important? We live in the UK people - you plan a picnic? It's going to rain... One of the things I really like about the cool bag is the long straps, they're actually long enough that I can sling the whole bag onto my shoulder which is not something I could do with my existing cool bag and the fact that I can attach the matching picnic blanket with the nylon straps? Love it!


The picnic blanket is 100% printed cotton on the front and has nylon water resistant backing. When the blanket is open it's dimensions are 145cm x 145cm which is a great size and it rolls to a neat 35cm x 12cm, which as mentioned above attaches to the cool bag with ease. It's really light and although I've not tried it yet, it says that it is machine washable which is always a plus point in my eyes!

Obviously I haven't been able to fully road test these products, what with it being February and all (not much need for a coolbag round these parts right now), but it's clear to see that they are amazing quality and I'll be rolling them out at the earliest opportunity - fingers crossed for Easter sunshine! What do I love most about these products? I reckon I'm going to look damn stylish hanging out at Studland Bay this summer, drinking tea and scoffing cakes. Living the dream, huh!  I've fallen totally in love with the seagull print and if I was having a baby I'd be totally buying the matching changing bag


With thanks to Amara for providing these products for review.




3 comments:

  1. Hey there I am so delighted I found your web site, I really found
    you by mistake, while I was searching on Google
    for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a tremendous post and a all round
    entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don't have time to browse it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the great work.

    Stop by my page ... reverse osmosis filtration

    ReplyDelete
  2. This website was... how do you say it? Relevant!

    ! Finally I have found something which helped me.
    Appreciate it!

    Feel free to surf to my web page :: power juicer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This design is incredible! You definitely know how to
    keep a reader entertained. Between your wit
    and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
    ..HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than
    that, how you presented it. Too cool!

    Review my page :: jack lalanne power juicer pro

    ReplyDelete

I always like to hear your thoughts, so please do leave a comment!